“Innovation is Human Nature.” Andria Goldin
I was introduced to the finest form of hospitality as a teenager when I toured with a singing group that always stayed in people’s homes. This left an indelible impression on me as I experienced families’ generosity, grace and sacrifice when welcomed into homes all across America. I observed home-style differences, economic range, family values and local town pride. So, from an early age I developed a sensibility for efficiently moving large groups of people according to a schedule, and adaptability to quickly learning how to be comfortable with people just met.
This experience transferred well as my career grew from Lighting Design to Event Media to Meeting Management. My experience with the Hospitality Industry grew accordingly as I worked with the best Hotel Marketing and Sales Directors, Convention Service Managers and Convention Visitor Bureaus all across the country.
With over 18 years of professional meeting experience, I understand the business objectives and needs of the Corporate Client and Meeting Planner, Hotel REIT and Management, Convention Services and Agency.
I am an AWAI trained professional marketing content writer.
–Do you feel there are gaps in the hotel and meeting industry in your city/town that can use refining and rethinking?
-Do you sometimes feel the essence of Hospitality has all been reduced to the daily marketing frenzy?
- I want for people to feel more at home (their idea of home) in a hotel.
- I see the need to examine where the Service and Demand truly emanates from
- I see the need to approach the CVB and brand hotels more wholistically so the visitor can embrace the city/town as a community and feel safer.
- I see the need for prospective guests to get involved – I mean hands on involved – when researching their prospective hotels. There is a lot of fun to be had in this.
If any of these issues speak to you concerning your hotel and CVB, then maybe we should talk. Maybe there is something I can do for you – with you. Explore new meeting forums and formats together. Find ways to be better prepare our meeting marketing strategies for our future business.
But this does require changing the Paradigm somewhat – and now I am excited.
I believe inspiration is the new, emerging identity that every Hotel owner/operator, REIT, Convention Visitors Bureau, and Hospitality marketing agency is looking to define.
Here is something that keeps it in perspective for me:
Hotels capture our social history while creating the next alternative.
Kind of cool.
Selected List of Previous Client Meetings/Events:
Boehringer Ingelheim, International Paper, IBM, Sheraton Worldwide Conference, Baer Pharmaceuticals, Purdue Pharma, Burroughs-Welcome, Arthur Anderson, Avon, NCR, Glaxo, Frito-Lay, Pfizer, Kingsford, Schering-Plough, Allied Van Lines, Johnson & Johnson, Bristol-Meyers-Squibb, Mercedes-Benz, and Federal Express.
Selected Professional Affiliations:
- MPI (Meeting Professionals International)
- HSMAI (Hotel Sales and Marketing Association International)
- American Writers & Artists, Inc. (AWAI) Circle of Success
- Professional Writers Alliance (PWA)
- PCMA (Professional Management Association)
- Cambridge Who’s Who since 2007